Work Safely at Heights Overview
Prepare to Work Safely at Heights RIIWHS204E
Work Safely at Heights course is delivered and statements of attainment are issued by Edway Training Pty Ltd (RTO No 91401)
Edway Training is accredited by the Australian Skills and Quality Authority (ASQA) to deliver this training course.
- The Working at Heights Course Sydney is targeted towards all areas of work which have a higher risk of falls occurring.
- The Working at Heights Course has been structured to ensure all employees, working above a certain level, understand and are able to practice height safety and fall prevention procedures. Although fall arrest responses are covered, the primary focus is on fall prevention.
- The course consists of theory and practical parts designed to provide a necessary knowledge and skills to work safely at heights. The course content covers legislative aspects of WHS, risk analysis, control and preventive strategies, selection and correct use of various fall prevention equipment, work positioning and fall arrest systems.
- The practical part includes conduction of risk assessment, correct equipment use (lanyards, straps, harnesses), performance of work positioning, fall prevention, and safe anchoring techniques, and ladder safety training.
What will you receive
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive:
- Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment
- Plastic Card
What will you learn
Work Safely at Heights training covers topics, such as identify work requirements, identify work procedures and instructions, access and install equipment, perform work at heights, clean up work area.
Working at Heights training course consists of PowerPoint presentation, class activities, videos and end of the day assessment.
Statement of Attainment is nationally recognised all across Australia.
Participants must 1 form of government-issued I.D (e.g. passport, Australian driver’s licence, NSW proof of age card).
STATEMENT OF ATTAINMENT WILL NOT BE ISSUED
if participants do not provide a valid form of I.D.
LLN (Language, Literacy and Numeracy)
A basic understanding, reading and writing of English is required.
As part of our pre-training review, all students are required to complete an LLN assessment to determine a student’s eligibility for enrolment into their selected course.
All students enrolling into any Edway Training course must have LLN skills to do simple calculations, understand English well enough to be able to read, write, and provide verbal responses to questions in English to undertake training and assessment in any of our courses.
For further information on student support services please refer to the Student Handbook.
Participants should arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time of the course to complete the necessary registration paperwork.
ENTRY TO THE COURSE WILL BE REFUSED
if participants arrive 15 minutes after the scheduled starting time.
USI (Unique Student Identifier)
From 1 January 2015, every student who undertakes nationally recognised Vocational Education and Training (VET) in Australia is required to have a USI.
STATEMENT OF ATTAINMENT CANNOT BE ISSUED if a participant fails to produce a valid USI number.
USI can be obtained via www.usi.gov.au
Physical Ability to Perform Practical Tasks
The course will require performing practical tasks at heights.
If you have physical limitations that might restrict you from performing the task, please contact us prior to completing the course.
Steel Cup Boots
To safely perform practical tasks, participants are required to wear steel cap boots.
ONLINE PAYMENT $200.00
VISA and MASTERCARD cards are accepted for the online payments (0% surcharge fee).
This payment method ONLY applies to companies and employment agencies.
A valid Purchase Order / Authority to Invoice MUST be submitted prior to the day of training.
For more information, please refer to the ‘Invoice Payment Procedure’ section of the confirmation email.
*Terms & Conditions apply.
Work Safely at Heights course is delivered in following locations in Sydney, NSW
SEVEN HILLS: 34/195 Prospect Highway Seven Hills NSW 2147