Responsible Service of Alcohol Overview
Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol ITHFAB021
Edway Training is approved by L&GNSW and accredited by the Australian Skills and Quality Authority (ASQA) to deliver this training course.
Our RSA training course is delivered and statements of attainment with unit of competency SITHFAB021 “Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol” are issued by Edway Training Pty Ltd (RTO No 91401)
This unit of competency SITHFAB021 is recognised in every state in Australia.
If you are travelling between states SA, WA, NT, ACT, QLD or TAS our Travel Australia plastic card will allow you to work in the hospitality industry involving the sale and service of alcohol.
If you plan to visit Victoria, you’ll be required to complete an extra online refresher course, and we’ll assist you in arranging it.
To order a Travel Australia card, please choose your preferred option in the Available Add-Ons section when completing an online booking.
- RSA training is required for all licensees and managers, crowd controllers, RSA marshals, volunteers as well as service, security and promotional staff who are selling, offering or serving liquor in establishments with general, on-premises, late night and packaged liquor licenses.
- RSA course should be undertaken only if you have never done this course before or your competency card expired more than 28 days ago. If you have a valid RSA competency card or it has expired recently, you need to do a L&GNSW online refresher course.
- An RSA Interim certificate is valid for 90 days after which you must use an RSA competency card to work in the liquor industry.
- Students should apply for a RSA competency card by themselves in the Service NSW centre after completing a course successfully and receiving an interim certificate.
- Travel Australia Plastic Card which allows working in the hospitality industry involving the sale and service of alcohol in SA, WA, NT, ACT, QLD, TAS and VIC is available to order (additional fee applies). Please note that VIC certification requires the completion of an extra online refresher course.
- RSA competency card is valid for 5 years after that a refreshment is required.
- Once you have registered you will have access to your online training account with all the information and resources you need to complete your training.
- The online training can be started, stopped or resumed at any time.
- Please note that the online course has 2 months (from the date of the confirmation email) expiry period.
- If a person doesn’t successfully complete a course within 2 months, it will be automatically recorded as a fail and RSA interim certificate will not be issued.
- If a person doesn’t successfully complete online courses within 2 months, they are not eligible to request a refund.
- This course supersedes and is equivalent to the SITHFAB002 qualification.
What Will You Receive
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive:
- NSW RSA Interim Certificate
- Statement of Attainment
To receive L&G NSW RSA competency card, you will need to:
- Complete the course successfully and receive an NSW RSA interim certificate
- Take your RSA interim certificate and 100 points of identification (see details on the back side of the certificate)
- Visit the closest Service NSW centre to order your competency card
- The competency card will be posted to you within 4 weeks
- You can also access your digital licence.
What Will You Learn
RSA training covers alcohol-related topics, such as facts about liquor industry and alcohol, intoxication, harm minimisation strategies, benefits of responsible service of alcohol, strategies for responsible service of alcohol, refusal of service and underage drinking, packaged liquor and functions.
Travel Australia Card
The Travel Australia plastic card enables individuals to work in the hospitality industry, specifically in positions related to the sale and service of alcohol, when traveling across states SA, WA, NT, ACT, QLD and TAS.
If you have plans to work in Victoria, it is essential to complete a refresher course. We are here to assist you in arranging the online refresher course.
Edway Training will handle the registration process, and you will receive an email containing the course link. The course typically takes around 30 minutes to complete.
After successful completion of the course, you will receive an official Victorian RSA certificate issued by VCGLR.
The fees for obtaining a Travel Australia card are:
- Travel Australia Plastic Card (valid for SA, WA, NT, ACT, QLD, TAS): $25.00
- Travel Australia Plastic Card (valid for SA, WA, NT, ACT, QLD, TAS) plus VIC: $45.00
To order your Travel Australia card, simply select your preferred option from the Available Add-Ons section during the online booking process.
To attend a training session, you’ll require to have a device (laptop, desktop, or tablet). Training is done 100% online, is fully secure, and takes approximately 6 – 10 hours to complete your learning and assessment.
To help you through you can speak with one of our qualified trainers for support. RSA online is fast, convenient, and fully supported if assistance is required. Training staff are available 9.00 am to 4.00 pm
Please note that ONLY passport (international or Australian) or Australian Drivers Licence or Australian government-issued ID (eg. NSW Photo Card) are accepted. International drivers licences are not accepted.
RSA NSW INTERIM CERTIFICATE AND STATEMENT OF ATTAINMENT WILL NOT BE ISSUED
if participants do not provide a valid form of I.D.
LLN (Language, Literacy and Numeracy)
As part of our pre-training review, all students are required to complete an LLN indicator to determine a student’s eligibility for enrolment into their selected course.
All students enrolling into any Edway Training course must have LLN skills to do simple calculations, understand English well enough to be able to read, write, and provide verbal responses to questions in English to undertake training and assessment in any of our courses.
For further information on student support services please refer to the Student Handbook.
USI (Unique Student Identifier)
From 1 January 2015, every student who undertakes nationally recognised Vocational Education and Training (VET) in Australia is required to have a USI.
STATEMENT OF ATTAINMENT CANNOT BE ISSUED if a participant fails to produce a valid USI number.
USI can be obtained via www.usi.gov.au
Course Completion Period
Participants are required to complete the course within 2 months (from the enrolment date).
If a person doesn’t successfully complete a course within 2 months, it will be automatically recorded as a fail and RSA interim certificate will not be issued.
Also, participants do not qualify for any reimbursement and a refund will not be issued.
ONLINE PAYMENT $150
VISA and MASTERCARD cards are accepted for the online payments (0% surcharge fee).