Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry
Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry CPCWHS1001
White Card WA Online training course is delivered and statements of attainment are issued by Edway Training Pty Ltd (RTO No 91401)
Edway Training is approved by WorkSafe Western Australia and accredited by the Australian Skills and Quality Authority (ASQA) to deliver White Card online CITC (Construction Induction Training Card) to residents of Western Australia.
- Construction Induction training is required for:
- all persons who carry out construction work, including site managers and supervisors, surveyors
- labourers and tradespersons, who access operational construction zones unaccompanied or not directly supervised by an inducted person
- all persons whose employment causes them to routinely enter operational construction zones
- To get a replacement for a lost or stolen WorkSafe WA issued white card, a person needs to contact an RTO that issued the card for the replacement. More information is available at WorkSafe WA ‘How do I replace my Construction Induction Training Card‘.
- A General Construction Induction training card remains valid as a person remains within the construction industry. However, if the holder leaves the industry for two (2) consecutive years or longer, the white card becomes invalid.
- WA White Card online CITC (Construction Induction Training Card) is accepted all across Australia in every state and territory.
- This course supersedes and is equivalent to CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry.
What Will You Receive
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive:
- Statement of Attainment
- Western Australian Construction Induction plastic card (which will be issued and mailed by Edway Training)
What Will You Learn
Construction Induction training covers Work Health and Safety (WHS) related topics, such as
- Health and safety legislative requirements of construction work
- Construction hazards and risk control measures
- Plan and prepare for safe work practices
- Health and safety communication and reporting processes
- Incident and emergency response procedures
The WA White Card online CITC (Construction Induction Training Card) are accepted all across Australia.
Our online course is divided into the following sections:
Intro: Course Introduction and Enrolment
Section 1: Identify WHS Legislative Requirements
Section 2: Construction Hazards and Risk Control Measures
Section 3: WHS Communication and Reporting Processes
Section 4: WHS Incident Response Processes
Section 5: Demonstrated Skills (completed through digital upload or Zoom)
Section 5 includes communication skills requirements and demonstrating fitting PPE items.
After completing the course booking, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to the online portal.
Please note that in order to successfully complete the course, students will need access to the internet and a webcam.
The WA state government allows the issuing of White Cards through online courses provided by registered RTOs. A Western Australia White Card can only be obtained by learners currently residing in Western Australia.
STUDENTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE EVIDENCE OF WA RESIDENCY.
USI (Unique Student Identifier)
From 1 January 2015, every student who undertakes nationally recognised Vocational Education and Training (VET) in Australia is required to have a USI.
STATEMENT OF ATTAINMENT CANNOT BE ISSUED
if a participant fails to produce a valid USI number.
USI can be obtained via www.usi.gov.au
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
To successfully complete the course, participants MUST have access to the following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
1. Head Protection (hard hat) (AS/NZS 1801 Occupational protective helmets) See Bunnings UniSafe Yellow Type 1 ABS Safety Helmet
2. Eye Protection (AS 1337.1 Personal eye protection, Eye and face protectors for occupational applications) See Bunnings Eye Shields Safety Glasses
3. Hearing Protection (AS/NZS 1270 Acoustics – Hearing protectors) See Bunnings 3M Disposable Ear Plugs
4. High visibility reflective vest (AS/NZS 4602.1 High visibility safety garments class day/night and AS/NZS 1906.4 – Retroreflective materials & High Visibility materials for safety garments) See Bunnings UniSafe Large Orange Hi-Vis Day / Night Safety Vest
STATEMENT OF ATTAINMENT CANNOT BE ISSUED if participant cannot demonstrate wearing the above required PPE.
LLN (Language, Literacy and Numeracy)
Basic understanding, reading and writing of English is required. The use of interpreters and translators is not allowed.
As part of our pre-training review, all students are required to complete an LLN assessment to determine a student’s eligibility for enrolment into their selected course.
All students enrolling into any Edway Training course must have LLN skills to do simple calculations, and understand English well enough to be able to read, write, and provide verbal responses to questions in English to undertake training and assessment in any of our courses.
For further information on student support services please refer to the Student Handbook.
ONLINE PAYMENT $49
VISA and MASTERCARD cards are accepted for the online payments (0% surcharge fee).