White Card Adelaide Training Course Overview
Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry CPCWHS1001
White Card training course is delivered and statements of attainment are issued by Edway Training (91401). Edway Training is accredited by the Australian Skills and Quality Authority (ASQA) to deliver this training course.
- Construction Induction training is required for:
- all persons who carry out construction work, including site managers and supervisors, surveyors
- labourers and tradespersons, who access operational construction zones unaccompanied or not directly supervised by an inducted person
- all persons whose employment causes them to routinely enter operational construction zones
- As per SafeWork SA guidelines, the training for the White Card must be conducted by a Registered Training Organisation that includes the unit of competency “Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry CPCWHS1001” in its scope of registration.
- SafeWork SA does not provide replacement white cards. The issuance of white cards is the responsibility of the Registered Training Organisation that initially conducted your white card training. If you require a new card or need to update your information, you should get in touch with the RTO where you originally completed your induction training.
- If a person is unable to recall where their training took place or if the training provider is no longer operational, they will need to retake the training.
- This course supersedes and is equivalent to CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry.
- SafeWOrk SA recognises Statements of Attainment issued under a new unit of competency.
What Will You Receive
- Statement of Attainment
- Plastic Card issued by Edway Training
What Will You Learn
Construction Induction training covers Work Health and Safety (WHS) related topics, such as
- Health and safety legislative requirements of construction work
- Construction hazards and risk control measures
- Plan and prepare for safe work practices
- Health and safety communication and reporting processes
- Incident and emergency response procedures
SafeWork SA issued plastic white cards are nationally accepted all across Australia.
To attend a training session, you’ll require to have a device (laptop, desktop or tablet) that is compatible with Zoom.
To test if your device is compatible, visit zoom test page.
To check zoom’s technical requirements, refer to the Zoom Technical Requirements section of the terms and conditions page.
CLASS CANNOT BE COMPLETED
if participant does not have access to Zoom
PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
To attend the class, you MUST have the following PPE available prior to the beginning of the class.
Please note that PPE must meet Australian Standards (refer to below list for standards and examples).
Following PPE is required
1. Head Protection: Hard Hat Safety Helmet
2. Eye Protection: Safety Glasses
3. Hearing Protection Ear Plugs
4. High Visibility Reflective Vest
Details list with Australian Standards will be available in confirmation email.
ENTRY TO THE COURSE WILL BE REFUSED if does participant does not provide required PPE
LLN (Language, Literacy and Numeracy)
The basic understanding, reading and writing of English is required. Use of interpreters and translators is not allowed.
As part of our pre-training review, all students are required to complete LLN indicator to determine a student’s eligibility for enrolment into their selected course.
All students enrolling into any Edway Training course must have LLN skills to do simple calculations, understand English well enough to be able to read, write, and provide verbal responses to questions in English to undertake training and assessment in any of our courses.
For further information on student support services please refer to the Student Handbook.
USI (Unique Student Identifier)
From 1 January 2015, every student who undertakes nationally recognised Vocational Education and Training (VET) in Australia is required to have a USI.
STATEMENT OF ATTAINMENT WILL NOT BE ISSUED
if a participant does not provide a valid USI number.
All participants MUST provide their USI.
USI can be obtained via www.usi.gov.au
Participants should be available 15 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time of the course to complete the necessary registration checks.
ENTRY TO THE COURSE WILL BE REFUSED
if a participant arrives 15 min after the scheduled starting time.
Participants must provide one form of photo I.D. (e.g. passport, Australian driver’s licence, proof of age card, student card).
Please note that non-Australian Driver’s Licences are not accepted.
After completing registration online, ID needs to be uploaded into the LMS and then presented during the Zoom training session.
STATEMENT OF ATTAINMENT WILL NOT BE ISSUED
if participants do not provide a valid form of I.D.
ONLINE PAYMENT $125.00
VISA and MASTERCARD cards are accepted for the online payments (0% surcharge fee).
This payment method ONLY applies to companies and employment agencies.
A valid Purchase Order / Authority to Invoice MUST be submitted prior to the day of training.
For more information, please refer to the ‘Invoice Payment Procedure’ section of the confirmation email.
*Terms & Conditions apply.