First Aid Melbourne and Sunshine Victoria Course Overview
Provide First Aid HLTAID011
This course supersedes Provide First Aid HLTAID003 and was previously known as First Aid Level 2 or Senior First Aid.
Provide First Aid HLTAID011 training includes Provide CPR HLTAID009 and Provide basic emergency life support HLTAID010.
Upon successful completion of the first aid training, participants will receive:
- Nationally accredited Statement of Attainment with HLTAID011, HLTAID010 and HLTAID009 units of competency
This First Aid training course delivers participants with all they need to know in order to provide effective first aid response to a casualty until medical professionals take over.
Our First Aid training includes important subjects such as CPR, broken bones and dislocations, scalds and burns, spinal injuries, bandaging techniques, poisoning, bites and stings, among others. The course also covers the following areas:
- Emergency situation response
- Application of the appropriate first aid procedures (including CPR)
- Communication of the incident details
- Evaluation of the incident and own performance
This course applies to all workers who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
First aid training consists of PowerPoint presentations, class activities, videos and the end of day assessment.
First Aid Training expiration period
First Aid certificates have an expiration date. To stay current and valid:
- Provide First Aid HLTAID011 needs to be refreshed every three years
- Provide CPR HLTAID009 needs to be refreshed every 12 months
STATEMENT OF ATTAINMENT WILL NOT BE ISSUED IF PARTICIPANT DOES NOT COMPLETE THEORY ONLINE PRE-STUDY MODULE
All participants must complete the online pre-study module provided. It covers the theoretic aspect of the first aid training. This module requires 1-3 hours for completion.
Once you have booked this course, an email will be sent to you that contains the link to the pre-study.
The link to the online pre-study will be provided in the confirmation email after completing the course booking.
To complete this course, you’ll need:
- Good Attendance- It is recommended that everyone partaking in the course arrive 15 to 30 minutes early to get all of the registration paperwork done. Anyone arriving after 30 minutes will be refused entry.
- Identification- Ensure that all participants bring a valid ID, driver’s or student card so that they can identify themselves. No ID, no qualification.
- Read and Write in English – In order to complete this course, all participants must have at least a basic understanding of the English language.
ENTRANCE INTO THE CLASS WILL DEPEND ON THE RESULTS OF THE LANGUAGE, LITERACY AND NUMERACY (LLN) TEST.
The LLN test consists of a series of simple questions to determine the level of participant’s language, literacy and numeracy. LLN test is available to all participants.
Physical Ability to Perform CPR
According to the Unit of Competency requirements, to successfully complete this course, a person needs to be physically able to perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor.
STATEMENT OF TRAINING CAN NOT BE ISSED IF A PARTICIPANT FAILS TO PROVIDE A VALID USI NUMBER
Any student participating in VET education in Australia, which is nationally recognised, is required to have their own USI.
USI can be obtained via online application through USI portal https://www.usi.gov.au
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) is a reference consisting of 10 letters and numbers. It creates a secure online record of student’s recognised training and qualification gained in Australia and allows access to relevant records and transcripts.
Get in touch with us for more details and information on payment options
*Terms & Conditions apply.
First Aid training is offered in various locations through the week (including weekends).
See Calendar for latest training schedule and availability.