Online CPR Course Overview
Online CPR course is devoted to increase an awareness of and provide information about importance of being able to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
Online courses are intended for people who want to obtain the knowledge for CPR and for residents living in a remote area without access to face-to-face courses.
Please note that this course provides a theoretical understanding of CPR and runs ONLINE ONLY. It will NOT result in receiving an accredited statement of attainment in Provide CPR HLTAID001 upon completion of the course.
As this course is ONLINE ONLY and practical competencies cannot be assessed via this method, participants will NOT receive an ASQA accredited certificate. Depending on your employer, it may not be suitable for work.
Check with your employer if this course is suitable for employment purposes before commencing the course.
Our Online CPR course covers the following topics:
- First aid essentials including – recognising an emergency and taking action, standard precautions, first aid hygiene, personal protective equipment, needle injuries and medical waste disposal
- Legal considerations – including duty of care, negligence and confidentiality
- Hazard ID and Risk Management – including definitions of hazard and risk, hazard identification, risk assessment, emergency hazard identification and reviewing your response
- Communication – including cultural awareness, communicating with casualties, calling for assistance, communicating roles and responsibilities for post-incident equipment clean-up,
psychological trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Assessing and monitoring – including primary examination, DRSABCD’s emergency action plan/basic flow chart, airway management of the unconscious casualty, continued management of the casualty, reassurance and moving the injured casualty
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation – including sudden cardiac arrest, rescue breaths, chest compressions, when to stop CPR and dealing with infants
- Defibrillation – including the features of modern defibrillators, operating a defibrillator and defibrillator products.
Our Online CPR course includes many Practical Tutorial videos on the following topics:
- Recovery Position
- Compression Point
- DRSABCD Process
- 1 Person CPR
Upon successful completion of the Online First Aid Course, participants will receive only certificate of completion which is NOT nationally recognised and ASQA accredited. Equally, it is NOT Provide CPR HLTAID001 qualification.
Students will be required to complete some Online Workbooks after referring to the CPR manuals provided in the online portal.
Students will also be required to submit a statutory declaration after completion of their workbooks.
Online Special $30.00
VISA and MASTERCARD cards are accepted for online payments (0% surcharge fee).
Certificates of completion are issued by Training Aid Australia Pty Ltd (RTO No 91411). However, the certificates are equally valid in all states and territories.
Get Started Today
To book an Online First Aid course:
- Click on ‘Enrol’
- Complete the online registration form and pay online
- Once details are submitted, you’ll receive confirmation email with all the course details