Construction Induction Training Course Overview
Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry CPCWHS1001
This course supersedes and is equivalent to Work Safely in the Construction Industry CPCCOHS1001A.
Upon successful completion of the white card training, participants will receive:
- SafeWork NSW issued Statement of Training (which allows working immediately)
- SafeWork NSW issued Construction Induction plastic card (which will be posted by SafeWork NSW)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: To obtain a SafeWork NSW issued white card plastic card. A person must complete a face-to-face training session. White cards obtained through online training might not be accepted on some construction sites in NSW.
- All persons who carry out construction work, including site managers and supervisors, surveyors, labourers and trades persons
- All persons who access operational construction zones unaccompanied or not directly supervised by an inducted person
- All persons whose employment causes them to enter operational construction zones routinely
- Self-employed persons
- Project managers
ENTRY TO THE CLASS WILL BE REFUSED IF PARTICIPANTS DO NOT PROVIDE 100 POINTS OF ID
According to the SafeWork NSW requirements, Training Aid Australia is required to complete Evidence of Identity (EOI) check for each participant immediately prior to commencing training.
There are two types of Evidence of Identity check requirements:
- 100 points of ID requirement
- Special arrangements for:
- Overseas persons recently arrived in Australia (for less than six weeks)
- School sector
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
100 Points of ID Requirement
The applicant is required to show the RTO delegate original EOI documents that add up to at least 100 points.
Within these documents the applicant must be able to show:
- Date of birth (minimum age 14 years)
- Current residential address
Examples of the accepted combinations of Evidence of Identity documents:
- Australian or International passport (70 points) + Australian driver’s licence (40 points)
- Australian or International passport (70 points) + bank card (25 points) + bank statement from different bank (25 points)
- Australian or International passport (70 points) + bank card (25 points) + utility bills issued in the last three months (25 points)
For full list of accepted Evidence of Identity documents, please refer to the Section 1 (page 2) of the SafeWork NSW Evidence of Identity and Record of Training for General Construction Induction Training Construction Induction Training Under the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2017.
Special Arrangements for ID Requirements
There are special arrangements apply for participants in the below groups where points system does not apply.
Some examples of accepted combination of Evidence of Identity documents:
- For overseas persons recently arrived in Australia (for less than six weeks)
- International passport + flight ticket or travel itinerary + bank card or driver’s licence
- School sector
- Australian Birth Certificate/card (minimum 14 years) issued by the Registrar of Births Deaths and Marriages
- Student ID card with school crest/seal, photo, student’s name and date of birth
- A written statement on school letterhead confirming the student’s name and date of birth
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- Two written statements on company (e.g. Indigenous organisation and Centrelink) letterhead verifying the person’s identification
For full list of accepted Evidence of Identity documents, please refer to the Section 2 (page 3) of the SafeWork NSW Evidence of Identity and Record of Training for General Construction Induction Training Construction Induction Training Under the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2017.
STATEMENT OF TRAINING CAN NOT BE ISSED IF A PARTICIPANT FAILS TO PROVIDE A VALID USI NUMBER
Any student participating in VET education in Australia, which is nationally recognised, is required to have their own USI.
USI can be obtained via online application through USI portal https://www.usi.gov.au
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) is a reference consisting of 10 letters and numbers. It creates a secure online record of student’s recognised training and qualification gained in Australia and allows access to relevant records and transcripts.
To attend the class, you MUST have the following PPE available prior to the beginning of the class.
- Head Protection (hard hat) (AS/NZS 1801 Occupational protective helmets) See Bunnings UniSafe Yellow Type 1 ABS Safety Helmet
- Eye Protection (AS 1337.1 Personal eye protection, Eye and face protectors for occupational applications) See Bunnings EyeShields Safety Glasses
- Hearing Protection (AS/NZS 1270 Acoustics – Hearing protectors) See Bunnings 3M Disposable Ear Plugs
- High visibility reflective vest (AS/NZS 4602.1 High visibility safety garments class day/night and AS/NZS 1906.4 – Retroreflective materials & High Visibility materials for safety garments) See Bunnings UniSafe Large Orange Hi-Vis Day / Night Safety Vest
To attend a training session, you’ll need to have a device (laptop, desktop or tablet) that is compatible with Zoom. To test if your device is compatible, visit the zoom test page.
To check zoom’s technical requirements, refer to the Zoom Technical Requirements section of the terms and conditions page.
ENTRY TO THE COURSE WILL BE REFUSED IF A PARTICIPANT CONNECTS TO THE ZOOM SESSION 15 MINUTES AFTER THE SCHEDULED STARTING TIME
We highly recommend participants should connect to a Zoom meeting 15 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time of the course to complete the necessary registration paperwork.
Intermediate Understanding of English Language
THE TRAINER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE CLASS ENTRY BASED ON THE OUTCOME OF THE LANGUAGE, LITERACE AND NUMERCAY (LLN) TEST
White Card training involves reading and understanding training materials and PowerPoint presentation, verbally participating in group activities and completing written assessments.
Therefore, to successfully complete white card training, a basic level of understanding, reading and writing English is required.
LLN test consists of the series of simple questions to determine the level of participant’s language, literacy and numeracy. LLN test is available to all participants. Entry to the class will depend on the results of the LLN test.
ONLINE PAYMENT $157.00
VISA and MASTERCARD cards are accepted for the online payments (0% surcharge fee).
This payment method ONLY applies to companies and employment agencies.
A valid Purchase Order / Authority to Invoice MUST be submitted prior to the day of training.
For more information, please refer to the ‘Invoice Payment Procedure’ section of the confirmation email.
*Terms & Conditions apply.
The White Card training course is delivered and certificates are issued by Training Aid Australia Pty Ltd (RTO No 91411).
Training Aid Australia Pty Ltd is approved by SafeWork NSW and accredited by the Australian Skills and Quality Authority (ASQA) to deliver this training course.