Online First Aid Course Overview
Online First Aid course is designed to give knowledge on First Aid practices and techniques that vital for providing First Aid and CPR.
Online courses are intended for people who want to obtain the knowledge for First Aid and for residents living in a remote area without access to face-to-face courses.
Please note that this course provides a theoretical understanding of First Aid and runs ONLINE ONLY. It will NOT result in receiving an accredited statement of attainment in Provide First Aid HLTAID011 upon completion of the course.
As this course is ONLINE ONLY and practical competencies cannot be assessed via this method, participants will NOT receive an ASQA accredited certificate. Depending on your employer, it may not be suitable for work.
Check with your employer if this course is suitable for employment purposes before commencing the course.
Online First Aid training covers the following topics
- First Aid Essentials – including hygiene and infection prevention, personal protective equipment, infection control, needle sticks and waste disposal
- Legal considerations – including consent, recording, privacy and confidentiality
- Hazard identification and risk management including – identification of potential causes of injury and illness, risk assessment
- Communication – including cultural awareness, communicating with emergency personnel, calling for assistance, psychological trauma and PTSD
- Assessment and monitoring – including DRSABCD’s, continued management of casualties, reassurance and moving the injured casualty
- CPR including cardiac arrest, the chain of survival, when to stop and dealing with infants
- Defibrillation – including modern defibrillator features, operating a defibrillator
- Trauma – including basic care of wounds, shock, burns and scalds, electrical shock, head injuries, spinal injuries, facial injuries, eye injuries, nose injuries, mouth injuries, ear injuries, chest injuries, penetrative chest wounds, crush injuries and crush injury syndrome
- Medical conditions – including the heart, chest pain, coronary heart disease, angina, heart attack, stroke, diabetes, anaphylaxis, asthma, croup and epiglottitis, epilepsy and febrile convulsions, drowning, meningitis, fainting, hyperventilation
Our Online First Aid course includes many Practical Tutorial videos on the following topics:
- Recovery Position
- Head Tilt
- CPR Pistol Grip
- Compression Points
- DRSABCD Process
- 1 Person CPR
- Management after CPR
- Secondary Examinations
- Anaphylaxis and Asthma
Upon successful completion of the Online First Aid Course, participants will receive only certificate of completion which is NOT nationally recognised and ASQA accredited. Equally, it is NOT Provide First Aid HLTAID003 qualification.
Students will be required to complete some Online Workbooks after referring to the First Aid manuals provided in the online portal.
Students will also be required to submit a statutory declaration after completion of their workbooks.
Online Special $60.00
VISA and MASTERCARD cards are accepted for online payments (0% surcharge fee).
Certificates of completion are issued by Training Aid Australia Pty Ltd (RTO No 91411). The certificates are equally valid in all states and territories.
Get Started Today
To book an Online First Aid course:
- Click on ‘Enrol’
- Complete the online registration form and pay online
- Once details are submitted, you’ll receive confirmation email with all the course details